Sunday

11:11, Heart and Soul, and a Mustang Convertible

This is one of those mind bending posts.

I won't go into all aspects of what happened, but I can only promise you that it did happen. And in the sequence it happened.



This past week we've been shopping for a used car for our daughter.  She settled on a particular brand, but not the year or the exact model. We tried hard tops, we tried soft tops, we tried different years.  We met some creepy sales people (they know who they are) and we met some amazing sales people.

But this isn't an ad for used car salesmen. It's about the flipside.

My wife was concerned about this car. It's a big deal, first car, etc.  It is the same first car (different year) that I owned, but I tried to not let my past influence our daughter's present.

Excuse me?

So the day came for purchasing the car. When I came downstairs my wife and son were playing "Heart and Soul" on the piano. An improv. Fun, he's a virtuoso at 15, so it was kind of thrilling.  Then daughter came to learn that we had an "interim" appointment with one more car dealer - a franchise to go unnamed, because she spotted the "bait and switch" as we arrived. "Oh, we can't sell you this car, someone is buying it... but we'll let you drive it. And if you really like it, I'll see what I can do..."

But I wanted her to see that new model, that new version that was supposed to be superior - it wasn't. And the idea that they would "kick a customer to the curb" was distasteful - if they do it to everyone, are we next?

Meanwhile, wife was home meditating on the outcome. She wanted to newer safer model, because well, it's safer. But she went into a version of meditation and called upon our friend Luana Anders to help with the decision.

She said at first it was hard to connect, so Luana put the idea of 11:11 into her mind - something that I've reported on here, how a couple of years ago Luana had used that as a way to describe "how we communicate with the afterlife."

I even wrote a song about it.

"ELEVEN ELEVEN"

But in this case, Luana reminded her "that's a way to strengthen the visual."  So my wife described feeling like "moving" but Luana was moving and my wife was moving at the same time - in two different realms. And at some point, "we met at the decimals" (the fence between this realm and her realm) and Luana said to her "Go."

As in "Tell me what you want to know?"

And my wife showed her the car options - a blue one, or a black one. And Luana responded with an image of herself in a black convertible, hair flying.

So even though my wife was hoping for the "blue, newer car" reply, she got the black convertible reply. (Older car, but nicer ride.) That's what Luana showed her.

What my wife did not know is that when I had asked Luana what she missed about being on the planet, if anything, she showed Jennifer Shaffer an image of herself riding in a convertible, hair flying around.  That the idea of "the wind in your hair" is a particularly hard thing to recreate on the flipside - so Jennifer said "She misses the wind in her hair."

Still from the short film "Paraclete"

What Jennifer didn't know is that I made a short film with Luana where she's driving around in a Mustang, the wind whipping her hair.  For Luana to provide Jennifer with that image from the flipside, something I made in 1979, here in 2021, is mind bending.

And then for my wife to say "I'm seeing Luana in a black convertible with her hair whipping around" is equally mind bending.

But it didn't stop there.  Luana had said "Go" and my wife explained to her what the issues were, and Luana showed her a convertible with her hair flying around... and then Charles Grodin, our dear friend showed up and said "On the other hand, it would be safer in a newer car" and showed her the blue car.

And Luana turned to him and said "No, I'm showing her the best choice for her daughter..." 

I asked her what Chuck looked like. She said "He was wearing a bow tie." 



Now - what are the odds of that?

There was one film where Chuck had a bowtie.  It was called "Hearts and Souls." Luana played his secretary in the film - one of her last roles. We drove up to San Francisco together so she could do the part for her pal Chuck. And in the film he wears a bowtie.

Now remember - this was all around the concept of 11:11 and how Luana had reminded her of the dream she had years ago where Luana told her "Imagine 11:11, we meet at the decimals."

And our daughter, when she got into the car she was about to own snapped a photo of the interior.


Notice the clock.

What's funny is that the clock of the car was not set - it had to be changed to the proper time. It was probably 2:30 when she took the photograph, but she took it as the clock went from 11:10 to 11:11.





The odds?

Well, there's the song played in the morning, the film directly related to it where Chuck wore a bowtie and Luana plays his secretary, there is the 11:11 reference that shows up twice, and the visual of Luana's hair flying in a convertible.


Luana praying in "The Last Detail"

Anyways - as you can see... one of those "okay, I get it" moments that I wanted to share. 

No comments:

Popular Posts

google-site-verification: googlecb1673e7e5856b7b.html

DONATE FOR FURTHER RESEARCH INTO THE FLIPSIDE

DONATE FOR FURTHER RESEARCH INTO THE FLIPSIDE
PAYPAL DONATE BUTTON - THANK YOU!!!