Tuesday

Vanum Populatum

Vanum Populatum

Had a weird dream yesterday.

I've got a bad cold, and weird dreams come to me when I'm loopy from a cold.

I was visiting somewhere ancient I guess.. it almost seemed out of body. Hazy images, smoky. And I heard the words "Vanum populatum."

So when I woke up I wrote it down. Maybe I've been watching too much of the "Rome" miniseries. But then I looked up the words at a Latin translation site;

vanum means "empty, vain, false, untrustworthy.'

populatum means "ravage, devastate, lay waste; plunder, despoil, strip."

It took me awhile to decipher it;

"Strip away that which is vain." or "Lay waste to that which is false or untrustworthy."

What the f am I doing talking to myself in Latin? I don't speak Latin. So who the heck was talking to me in Latin? I'd like to know. And why so philosophical?

It sounds Buddhist to me - but coming from a Latin.. hey wait a second. Nah, Jesus spoke in aramaic, not Latin. So maybe it was a priest - I had an uncle who was a priest - but is that the kind of casual thing a Priest might say? Even to his old nephew?

I was a little shocked to say the least. But it's a cool motto:

"Devastate that which is empty, vain, false or untrustworthy."

sounds like time for a new election.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was on a webinar with John Holland last night in which he was talking about the importance of synchronicities.

Later in the evening, I reviewed a Quora response of yours in which you mention "Vanum Populatum," but I didn't pay attention to the context.

When I closed that up, I immediately pulled up Gaia TV to continue watching "Talking to Bill Paxton" which I was part-way through from the other day. I pressed Play but realized I wasn't understanding the point being made, so I backed it up slightly, a couple of times, to get to the beginning of the point. When I pressed Play again, the first words out of your mouth were "Vanum Populatum."

That hit me between the eyes, so I immediately Googled "Vanum Populatum" to find out what it means and was brought to this post of yours. I was struck by the meaning and your conclusion of "sounds like time for a new election."

It wasn't until this morning when I took another look that I realized this post was from 2006. I'd assumed it was present day ... November 2020 ....

Rich Martini said...

Cool Thanks for sharing.

Popular Posts

google-site-verification: googlecb1673e7e5856b7b.html

DONATE FOR FURTHER RESEARCH INTO THE FLIPSIDE

DONATE FOR FURTHER RESEARCH INTO THE FLIPSIDE
PAYPAL DONATE BUTTON - THANK YOU!!!