Wednesday

Israel Kamakawiwoʻole’s 61st Birthday





While interviewing a woman for "Architecture of the Afterlife" she suddenly announced that "Iz" (Israel) was one of her "guides." I asked "him" the same questions I do to anyone I meet on the flipside about his life, who greeted him when he crossed over. I asked about the song "Over The Rainbow" and she said "he's saying it was a tribute to someone named Pa-ha-nui." I asked if she knew who that is and she said "No." I asked him directly if he was referring to Gabby Pahanui, the father of Hawaiian slack key guitar (who I saw on a trip in the 70's in Honolulu). She said "He's shouting ""Shi hu!" over and over again!" I asked if she knew what that meant, she did not. "He keeps repeating it like he's excited that you understood." Later, I asked a friend from Hawaii what it means - she said "It's "chee hoo" - a samoan term we use as slang for "Right on!" or "Woo hoo!" So "Chee Hoo!" Iz and Happy Birthday. Google made a meme for you.

No comments:

Popular Posts

google-site-verification: googlecb1673e7e5856b7b.html

DONATE FOR FURTHER RESEARCH INTO THE FLIPSIDE

DONATE FOR FURTHER RESEARCH INTO THE FLIPSIDE
PAYPAL DONATE BUTTON - THANK YOU!!!